Honda Civic 2018
Honda announced at the Auto Expo 2018 that it will be bringing in 6 new cars to India in the next three years. The company has been looking to up the ante in the country and expanding its product portfolio as well, entering new segments and in some cases, just renewing its entry into others. This is where the Honda Civic comes into play.
The company hasn’t really been itching to get back into this segment but considering the strong growth in this segment due to new car arrivals like the new-gen Hyundai Elantra, new Toyota Corolla Altis and the Skoda Octavia facelift, Honda had to make its presence felt, considering it had the car that was at one point in time the undisputed champion of this segment.
The company announced that the Civic badge would be making a comeback into the Indian market and the return, Honda admits, is due to the rising demand from the customers. It will be launched in India in the second half of 2018 but we’ve already seen the car at the Auto Expo and there’s quite a lot spoken about it already.
Honda Civic returns to India after 5 years
The big announcement of the return of Honda Civic to the Indian market came last month at the Auto Expo 2018 when the Indian arm – Honda Cars India showcased the new Honda Civic in India for the first time along with the new-generation Honda Amaze and 2018 Honda CR-V SUV. Honda Civic sedan has been a popular sedan in India when it was introduced in 2006 and had a good run for 7 years before the company decided to take it off the market in 2013.
Honda Cars India is looking to go aggressive in India with these new products and have confirmed the launch of 6 new cars in the next three years. New generation Honda Amaze will be the first of these new cars to be rolled out followed by Honda Civic and Honda CR-V.
Here’s All You Need To Know About The Honda Civic
- The Honda Civic has been a big hit for the company in India ever since its launch here in 2006. It was in production till 2013 and saw a couple of facelifts before it went out of production.
- Globally, the Honda Civic is offered in three body types – Coupe, Sedan and Hatchback, and India gets the sedan version.
- The current-generation of the Civic was first introduced in 2015 and went on sale in the US and the European markets as a 2016 model but India will get the facelift which will be launched later in 2018.
- The Honda Civic comes with sporty design language with stylish LED headlamps, bold character lines, sporty alloy wheels, and LED taillamps
- The cabin sees a dash which is quite conventional in its design and hosts a large touchscreen in the centre console.
- Honda will launch the Civic in India with a 1.8-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine but the big news here is that there will be a diesel variant on offer as well. The diesel engine will be the 1.6-litre i-DTEC unit that will do duty on the CR-V.
- Honda plans to locally assemble the Civic in India when it’s launched later this year, however, by then it plans to locally manufacture components for the Civic which will help in bringing down the price of the car.
- The Civic will be offered in both manual and automatic gearboxes.
- Honda will price the Civic aggressively and we expect it to be priced between ₹ 13 lakh to ₹ 18 lakh
- The Civic will rival the likes of the Hyundai Elantra, Skoda Octavia, Toyota Corolla Altis, and the Volkswagen Jetta.
Keep Visiting carsinindia.ib regularly to know more news about Honda Civic